Le carnet de Mam'zelle Lulu

10 février 2007

London, The Good, The Bad, The Queen and me



According to this test, I belong in London. Because London is diverse and international enough to satisfy many of my tastes (yeah, I've nothing better to do than checking on stupid - yet funny - websites of that kind). Well, we have a bit of time ahead us before I'll move to London, I tell you.
Anyway, for those of us who don't have the chance to live in the UK, here is a little something to cheer you up : twelve songs about this grey and beautiful city that is the capital of England. How comes ? The Good, The Bad & The Queen is a kind of concept album, supposed to be "a postcard from London" (as Damon Albarn, the leader of the group, said in NME) . The group is composed by Tony Allen, Paul Simonon (Clash), Simon Tong (The Verve) and Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz). They're not really the worst musicians I know... Their new project is already a hit : the album have been certified gold in the UK. I didn't have the disc in my hands, but I overheard a couple of songs here and there, and I can tell you I'm very enthusiastic about what I listened to so far. I can't wait to listen to the whole thing !

+ To go further : the group's myspace // the website // NME review